For my CV and consultation rates, please contact me at email@example.com.
- More than 35 years of experience in automotive engineering, including design and testing of new vehicles at one of the largest manufacturers of automobiles;
- Consultant in areas of accident investigations, intellectual property litigation, vehicle design for safety and future regulatory policies
- R&D and teaching experience in vehicle engineering, traffic safety and intelligent transportation systems.
Areas of Consulting
- Vehicle Engineering – Design & testing for safety. Passive systems, airbags, crash sensors, structure. Active systems – pre-crash sensing, autonomous braking, crash avoidance. .Electric vehicles – functional safety.
- Intelligent transportation technologies for increased energy efficiency & safety. Mass. Mechatronics system. Intelligent tires.
- Product Liability and Forensic Engineering – Accident analysis. Performance evaluation of vehicles. Pedestrian impacts with automobiles.. Pre-crash & accident avoidance systems. Post-crash protection and rescue.
- Intellectual Property: Analysis of infringement claims and patent validity in areas of automotive safety systems, sensors; airbags & restraint systems, interior components; Tires and TPMS.
Partial List of Clients & Projects:
- Automobile Compoent Manufacturer – Investigation of manufacturing process and quality control in supply chain for airbag in car.
- State government – Investigation of injury causation in mass-transit bus and design analysis of the ingress-egress structure.
- Transportation Company – Analysis of rollover of fully-loaded tractor-trailer and injury to its driver.
- US Government – Peer review of research on design of vehicles for improved energy efficiency; Evaluation of crash protection effectiveness of reduced-mass cars and SUVs.
- Overseas automotive organizations – Functional and accident safety of Electric vehicles, Review of national test facility for electric vehicles. Factors affecting increased usage.
- Individual clients – Investigation of factors in head injury from remote-operated trunk-lid. Analysis of impact of external objects to windshields. Airbag deployment in fire.
- Automotive companies – Investigation of car-to-SUV crash and resulting fatality; Performance analysis of airbags, structure and sensors.
- Insurance company – Investigation of factors in injury caused to front-seat passenger by external object; Performance of laminated windshields with pre-existing crack.
- Two Automotive manufacturers – Patent infringement and validity analysis of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.
- New Vehicle Manufacturer– Directing vehicle design to achieve low mass and top-level safety performance.
Recent Testifying Experience:
- Depositions (California 2016) – Invalidity report and Rebuttal of infringement claims. Case 2:14-cv-02963-JAK; and Case 8:14-cv-00491-JAK.
- Deposition (Florida, 2015) – Analysis of impact risks from remote-operated trunk-lid and evaluation of risk-mitigation technologies.
- Deposition (Kentucky, 2012) – Case involving performance of airbag and vehicle structure in car-to-SUV crash.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering & Applied Mechanics, University of Michigan.
- 30+ papers and presentations – in peer reviewed engineering journals and at international conferences.